1. Less pipe 4 MOS, and simplified some of the control circuit, costs can be lowered.
2. DC ballast, and the output is DC, you do not need conversion, and 4 MOS tube, demanding to conform to the specifications, and if not, it is easy to burn, therefore, relatively speaking, reduces failure rate.
3. DC ballast, DC bulb is needed to cooperate, if AC light bulb, bulb is easy to burn;
4. DC ballast, not easily broken, but the bulbs are relatively, life expectancy is shorter;
5. DC ballast, now there is a problem to be solved is: in the process of lighting would flicker occurs, in the short term, there is no way to solve, need to be addressed within the industry;
Some early HID Xenon lamp with DC power, but they HID Xenon lamp life is shorter. This is because in cases of direct current and a continuously high positive ion bombardment, a long time, electrode burn caused Eclipse. This resulted in significant reduction of electrode life. With alternating current, uniform high positive ion bombardment two electrodes, virtually doubling the life of HID Xenon lights. Another advantage is that the temperature of the electrode AC power when the temperature is lower, for electrodes of yin and Yang transform about 400 times per second (DC one electrode is the anode forever), so two electrodes rotating anode instead of one electrode as fever of persistent fever. Also has news that AC arc is easier to maintain.